Share this site
Did you obtain an offer to become a key shopper for the company that is well-known? It may come as text, e-mail, or page welcoming you to definitely focus on a ‘research task beginning quickly in your area. ’ A few individuals who got proposes become key shoppers for food markets, like Whole Foods, thought they certainly were frauds, and composed into the FTC to alert others. These were appropriate — the provides are frauds — and now we’re expanding the caution.
Individuals spotted indications of a fake check scam within the bogus Whole Foods secret shopper offer (that has been from a scammer, perhaps maybe maybe not really Whole Foods). That’s when somebody supplies you with a check and convinces you to definitely deposit it and quickly deliver them cash. In this scam, the recruiter would deliver shoppers a check for longer than $2,000 plus they would:
- Money or deposit the check straight away
- Purchase gift cards with all of the cash
- Keep about $450 as his or her pay
- Scrape the layer from the gift cards to demonstrate the PIN codes
- Send images associated with the cards’ front and back (with all the codes) towards the recruiter